2020 Pandemic Behavior Rules & Practices
As we already mentioned earlier, this year’s Teos and Alaçatı tournaments will take place under special pandemic practices. Of course, Health Ministry Regulations will be ruling in priority, and additional tournament behavior practices will be as follows:
- There will be controls at the entrance, such as body temperature control and similar. Individuals without badges will not be allowed access to the premises.During all competition days, Teams with relatives and close friends will be required to submit a name list at registration and get the said badges for those guests. Such “team support cards” will be limited and will be distributed in order of application precedence.
- Abiding by Social Distancing rules and wearing a mask on the premises will be mandatory. Boats will be considered private area and individual boat teams will nevertheless be required to comply to the best pandemic practices. Nevertheless, it will be forbidden for different separate teams to gather on the same boat. Each boat’s team will need to remain on its own.
- This year’s courtesy bags will include individual hygiene sets, such as to enable you comply for best practices. A similar hygiene set will be distributed to the registered visitors at the stated limited number. Hand sanitizing stations will also be available on the premises.
- This year will not have a gala dinner, and the catches will remain property of each boat. For such a situation, an agreement has been made with “Şerif Balıkçılık”. After each weighing session, the fish will be cleaned and devoid of any remaining blood, filleted in blocks of ca. 1 kg, Styrofoam packed and frozen. For such a service, Şerif Balıkçılık will charge a modest fee of 250.- TL/fish and you will be able to collect and carry your frozen fish going back home at the end of the tournament. Separately, teams who desire to independently gut and dress their own catch will be kindly requested to carefully do so outside of the marina boundaries and out of sight of public eyes, and all remainings of such operation to be duly collected in separate trash bags and disposed of in the dedicated main trash bins. Lack of abiding to such practices and damaging the catch is subject to penalties.
- This year’s new sponsor of ours, “Çaycı & Co.”, will pe present under the main tent and will be handling all food related services under the best pandemic practices. Breakfast service will also be handled by “Çaycı & Co.”, every morning between 06:30 & 07:15 a.m.
- This year there will be an extra Sanitary Condition Awareness Disclaimer to be signed, in addition to the existing usual one.
- As all operations occurring during the tournament will need to be carried out under minimum contact practices, you are expressely requested to minimize and possibly avoid exercises such as garment size exchanges, cash payments, etc… You are therefore requested to kindly complete those exercises before the tournament.
- This year again, both released as well as caught fishes’ mandatory videos will need to be forwarded to a virtual digital platform [via WhatsApp to : +90 (545) 336 6866] and not physically handed to an organization member; teams are therefore requested to organize themselves accordingly.
- Again, and due to minimum contact policies, the printed version of the tournament rules will not be distributed. We strongly request you instead to follow or print-out the latest detailed texts from our websites.
With both yourselves and ourselves in mind, and despite the antipathetic side of implementing these pandemic practices with all their restrictions, we still believe it is the right way to do it. By keeping the participating teams at the top of the priority list, and whilst maintaining the fishing fever at its best, we believe you will also agree with us that is the minimum risk approach.
We kindly beg you to act sensibly by carefully read and understand all the above mentioned. We are confident that all the fishing pals working in tandem since many years will set an exemplary teamwork record on this very difficult year.